New Years Eve make up look
Meikkivoiteeksi valikoitui maailman paras MAC Studio Sculpt niminen meikkivoide. Sävy NC15. Levitin meikkivoidetta kauttaaltaan siveltimen avulla. Meikkivoiteen päälle levitin silmän alaluomelle Maybellinen Fit Me peitevoidetta. Sävy 25. Tuolla peitevoiteella saadaan täydellinen peittyvyys. Tänä päivänä jätin kokonaan kasvovoiteen pois meikin alta, jotta meikki pysyisi mahdollisimman hyvin.
// The foundation that I used for creating this look was MAC Studio Sculpt. Number NC15. I applied the foundation all over my face with a brush. On top of my foundation, under my eyes I applied Maybellines Fit Me concealer, shade 25. This concealer gives the make up the perfect "coverage". I have stopped using face cream underneath my make up in order for the make up to last for a longer time.
Meikkivoiteen päälle sudin L'Oréal Parisin aurinkopuuteria. Tämä on toinen suosikkini mitä tulee meikkeihin.
After this I applied L'Oréal Paris bronzer. This one is another one of my favourite products when it comes to doing my make up.
My good friend Ella gave me a present that I had really longed for. NAKED Urban Decay eyeshadow palette. It has all the perfect shades for doing your eye make up. I have wanted this product for so long, and finally I have it. If you don't own this palette yet, I strongly advice you to purchase it. I used this palette to complete this look.
P.S. If you don't have this exact palette, you can use other eye shadows that are of similar colours that are on the NAKED palette. This eye make up tutorial is taken from my friends blog Beauty by Ella P. I fixed it a bit to be suitable for me and for the NAKED palette.
1. The lightest shade is first applied on the whole eyelid. You should make sure you apply enough of the lightest shade in order for the make up to look fresh.
2.With the brown shade, you do a thin banana shading. Change your brush at this point, so that you don't apply to much of the brown color.
3. Blend the colours in well. Blending takes quite a bit of time as the matt colours do not blend in that well. If needed apply more colour and start blending again. Once you are done with blending, use Naked palettes third eye shadow on the outer corner of your eye. I have a good hint for doing this, take a piece of toilet paper and fold it into a triangle. Apply one of the corners of the paper to the corner of your eye in a way that it covers your lower eyelid and this way gives the right place for you to apply the eye shadow. Look at picture for in order to see what I mean.
4. Apply the matte brown shadow to the lower eyelid. I used the lighter brown on my palette for this step.
5. Blend Blend and Blend! The make up should now look like it looks in the 5th picture. In the fifth part I applied a bit more of the dark brown to the outer corner of my eye to make the make up look more intensive.
6. Last but not least, you apply your eyeliner and put on fake eyelashes. Also apply a bit of mascara to your lower lashes to complete the look.
I got the eyelashes from a store called Seppälä, in Finland. As my mascara for my lower eyelashes I used Lumene Blueberry Volume Black Chrystal. As my eyeliner I used Maybellines Hyper Glossy Liquid eyeliner.
Huuliin sipaisin ennen huulipunan laittoa Carmexin kosteuttaa huulirasvaa. Etenkin näin talvella huulet kuivuvat helposti kylmästä ilmasta. Huulirasvan jälkeen MAC Creme Cup sävystä huulipunaa. Täydellinen nude sävy pinkillä vivahteella.
Before putting on my lipstick I applied a bit of Carmex lip balm. During the winter (at least here in Finland) my lips get chapped easily. I then applied MAC Creme Cup lipstick. It's a perfect nude shade with a hint of pink in it.
After finishing my eye make up, foundation and bronzer. I put on a bit of ST.TROPEZ powder on top. It gives a nice finishing touch to the whole look, a beautiful natural glow.
Last but not least I applied Yves Saint Laurent Touche Èclat pen brush to highlight my under eyes as well as as under my eyebrows. As my perfume I used Panos Emporio, and my look was complete!
Meikki on mielestäni raikas, sekä sopiva erilaisiin juhliin. Punainen huulipuna olisi sikäli sopinut paremmin asuun, mutta näin "turvallisuuden" vuoksi valitsin nuden punan. Eipähän tarvinnut peili kädessä viettää uutta vuotta hah!
In my opinion, this look is very fresh and applicable for a variety of different events. Red lipstick would have been a better choice, but I didn't want to keep on applying lipstick all night, but rather enjoy my time. You girls know what I mean ;)